Saturday, March 27, 2010

everyday minerals (EDM) - they really are a horrible company

I have been contemplating writing a review about this company, but I didn't really think they were ever worth mentioning. Tonight I was informed of this blog and they have really reached a new low in my book. I honestly didn't think they could get much worse.  I have noticed the last few things I have gotten from EDM they they looked like items they already had, with maybe a little shimmer added but I never even thought to compare the ingredients like the above blogger did. I am stunned that they just take a product and give it a new name. I am not sure why I am stunned after everything else they have done to their customers.

I don't even know where to begin with this company. I will start with terrible products. Their shadows are almost all chalky (with a few exceptions) and the blushes all turn orange on me. I have read that this is a common problem. Also, the lip glosses are HORRIFIC! They are very grainy and actually hurt to put on your lips. Their brushes are okay, but nothing to brag about. They are synthetic, or so they say. I have a hard time believe anything EDM says after all the lies they have told to their customers. Some of the lies that I have witnessed are 1. The forum members were told their Super Custom Kits would be leaving then Carina (the supposed owner of EDM) informed the forum members that she would not be getting rid of the kits. Well, a short time later they disappeared. 2. She told the mods that the forum would always be there and that it would never shut down. Within a week it was shut down with ZERO warning. (not even the mods were told this was going to happen) 3. They are supposed to be a VEGAN company (they even have the little PETA symbol), yet they give away and promote LEATHER handbags on the fab club...WTF? I could go on, but I think you get the point. They lie a lot.


Their customer service is the most horrendous thing I have ever seen in a company. The better business bureau gives them an FThis forum page will tell you just one story of the horrible customer service. (you have to registered to read this, but trust me, it is well worth registering to read how awful they are to their customers). I don't understand how a company like this stays in business. All I know is I will never spend another penny on them - this is coming from a person who purchased hundreds (or more) dollars on them.

4 comments:

Phyrra said...

When I tried them out, almost 2 years ago now, their foundation caused me to break out. I thought the eye shadows were boring and the lippy I tried was the nastiest waxiest thing ever. I did like the puff jars I bought from there, and a handmade soap, but that was it.

After what they did to Hoyden (linked in my blog on why this is a company to avoid), I will never order from them again.

Marion said...

I must say I was very angry and disappointed when all of it happened, but I'm glad that finding out what a horrible company they are made me try other brands. I'm happy I didn't spend more money on their products.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

All other parts of the braking system—arms, cable, and levers—must be rigid and precisely positioned to transfer the relatively light force exerted by hands on brake leversto the high power needed in the brakes for effective braking.
In themountain bike wheelmaking, Campagnolo has finally presented not just one but two electronic groups,
Record EPS (Electronic Power Shift) and Super Record ysbike01 EPS, both with identical functionality but slight differences in weight and bearing performance just like the mechanical analogues.
While consumers are only just now seeingalloy road wheelsetshe production version of Campagnolo's new electronic group,
the company actually first began its first development work in 1992 – back when eight-speed drivetrains and integrated brake/shift levers were still considered state-of-the-art and about a year before Mavic's first ill-fated commercial attempt.
Campagnolo's first working prototype wascarbon wheellike everything else in those days – an eight-speed system and the company's developers tucked the electronics and battery inside a gutted water bottle.
The necessary derailleur motors and actuators were quickly deemed too heavy and bulky to be practical, though, and the idea was relegated to indefinite development status.
While the company was convinced a motorized transmissioncarbon wheelsrepresented the next logical step in terms of performance, it nonetheless also felt no pressure to bring a system to market on a specific timeline.
The section of the brakes, called the brake pad or brake shoe,that comes into contact with the moving rim is usually made of rubber or leather to maximize the friction needed to stop.
All other parts of the braking system—arms, cable, and levers—must be rigid and precisely positioned to transfer the relatively light force exerted by hands on brake leversto the high power needed in the brakes for effective braking.